Kombucha is a refreshing and powerful living health drink. Made by fermenting tea and sugar with live cultures (known as a SCOBY: Symbiotic Culture Of Bacteria and Yeasts), the fermentation process turns a bowl of sweet tea into a biochemical powerhouse.
But why should YOU be drinking it?
Because this light, bubbly, refreshing drink packs a whopping punch of scientifically proven health benefits.
Kombucha has been found to:
- Boost your immune system
- Lower your cholesterol
- Reduce your eczema symptoms
- Improve your gut health, thanks to the probiotics
- Give you an anti-inflammatory boost from antioxidants
And while the below benefits haven’t been scientifically proven (yet!) we hear people wax lyrical about these benefits after drinking kombucha, too:
- Reduced bloating and belly discomfort
- Clearer mind (and that’s a whole other world of theory to explore thanks to the gut-brain connection)
Want to read more about it? We’ve got the low down on the benefits of drinking kombucha right here for you.