Our immune system, when working as it should, is our first defence against disease-causing viruses and bacteria.
With winter’s cold and flu season in full swing, now’s the perfect time to put some immune-boosting strategies in place.
Here are a few quick tips to keep your immunity up, as well as a delicious Citrus-Kombucha Immunity Booster recipe to help boost your immune system and take care of your gut.
Top tips for boosting immunity
- Frequently wash your hands: This might seem obvious, but having clean mitts is a must when keeping safe and healthy. Make sure you wash your hands for at least 60 seconds, and carry hand sanitiser in your bag when you’re out of the house and can’t get to a sink!
- Make sure you’re getting enough Vitamin C: which is particularly important for immunity. As it’s a water-soluble vitamin and not stored, you’ll need to keep yup a regular intake!
- Support your gut: Drinks that are rich with probiotics, like kombucha and kefir will boost your gut health, which supports your immune system.
- Reduce your stress levels: Stress takes a huge toll on our immunity. You’ve probably noticed that at times of stress you’re more likely to feel under the weather. Of course, it’s not possible to avoid stress completely, but trying stress management strategies like meditating is a great start.
- Ensure you get enough sleep: The amount of sleep required varies but the general rule of thumb is to aim for 7-8 hours per night. If you do come down with a virus, you’ll likely need even more rest to allow your body to fully recover.
- Try our Citrus-Kombucha Immunity booster recipe below. It’s a banger of a nutrient hit that supports immunity, nourishes gut health and is actually delicious!